German number plates : Size

• Dear W202-Freunde
    Can anyone tell me the size of your number plates ?.
    I am tired of the number plate frames that one gets from dealers with their name on, so I am trying to make a set of number plate frames in carbon that could replace the original frame in front and a frame for the rear, but with an edge that goes a little bit out from the face of the numberplate so it will not get torn of i the Carwashing machine.
    In 2010 we get new number plates in Denmark, properly with the same dimensions as you got in Germany, and because of a tight budget I would like to only make one CNC mashined mould that can fit both DK and German number plates, if someone of you W202-Freunde would like a set to.

Best regards
    Margon Andreasen

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson :smoke:

• Hi Margon.

The ordinary number plate size is 520 mm long and 110 mm high. There are also shortened plates and special plates for motorcycles available, but I think you mean the standard plate.

I hope these are the information you are looking for.

best regards JR

• To Fracman
    Because I think it would look nice with a set of carbon frames that are carwash proof and with no screws in the plate.
    To JollyRoger
    Yes thats the dimension I am looking for, but there are some new complications, I can´t get informations on the new EU-plates so I think that I have to wait and see what dimensions they will be.

Best regards
    Margon

• Yes thats the dimension I am looking for, but there are some new complications, I can´t get informations on the new EU-plates so I think that I have to wait and see what dimensions they will be.

Which new EU-Plates are you talking about? Will they be introduced in your country only or in whole europe? Have you got a link or something?

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Uncle: Gemeint sind die Kennzeichen mit dem blauen Feld für die Länderkennung auf der linken Seite. Dänemark ist das letzte EU-Land, dass die Dinger einführt.

Gruß vom Niederrhein, Björn
    [align=center][url='http://www.c-klasse-forum.de/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=12590'][img=http://www.abload.de/img/siganturbilderstammtiyrqpa.jpg]

• To Uncle Benz 88
    As you proberbly know Denmark is the country with a large number of exeptions towards EU.
    Our new EU number plates is only for Denmark, and as far as I can find out of they will be the same dimensions as the ones we have now, 507 x 120mm and is to be issued from 2010 perhaps, but if our politicians get their hands on the matter, no one knows when they will be issued or what dimensions they will be, so I think that I will have to wait and see before I start the CNC-machine.
    To JollyRoger
    I can fairly well read and speak German, but I do not write it very well, but I don´t understand what you mean when you say "Ich glaube Margon dürfte der Text als Däne herzlich wenig nützen!"
    I do not hope that I have affended anyone, because that was surely not my intension.

Mfg.
    Margon

• Hi Margon.

PlayBoy recommended a text with a lot of information about german number plates.

I just thought it woud not be useful to you because its completley written in german.

But when you're a able to read it, my comment was just a mistake.

Don't worry about affending someone. Your behaviour is absolutley exemplary and fine!
    It wasn't my aim to bother someone.

with friendly regards
    JR