relay for electric seats can't be found

• Bitte um Verzeihung, dass meine Übersetzung von Google translate steht - seit 40 Jahren das Studium in der Schule Deutsch ist zu lang. English version is at bottom of post. :?:

Ich habe einen 99 c280 und die Macht Sitze nicht funktionieren. Das Problem ist die Komfort-Relais Bequemlichkeit - aber die Mercedes-Händler nicht finden können, das Relais auf meinem Auto.

Das Relais ist in der Regel unter einer Kunststoffplatte im Kofferraum unter dem Teppich vor der Batterie und Ersatzreifen. Mein Relais nicht an diesem Ort befindet. Ich hoffe jemand kann mir sagen, an verschiedenen Orten zu sehen - der Mechaniker sah schon um die Batterie und Sicherungskästen, und unter dem Sitz, aber wir können ihn nicht finden.

Dies ist die größte und am besten W202 Forum in der Welt - ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen!

Please pardon that my translation is from Google translate - 40 years since studying German in school is too long.

I have a 99 c280, and the power seats do not work. The problem is the comfort-convenience relay - but the Mercedes dealer cannot find the relay on my car.

The relay is usually under a plastic panel in the trunk, under the carpet in front of the battery and spare tire. My relay is not located in that place. I hope someone can tell me different places to look - the mechanic already looked around the battery and fuse boxes, and under the seat, but we cannot find it.

This is the largest and best w202 forum in the world - I hope you can help me!

• Hi

The relay is in the trunk on the right side under the carpet and it is covered with a cover. You have to remove the cover, it is fixed with three big plastic screws.
    Here is a picture that shows the place of the relay (the relay is removed in the picture)

And here is the relay (Mercedes part number 002 542 22 19)

Greets, Eugen

• Yes, that is the correct relay - and the picture shows where it usually is.
    On my car it is definitely not under the wide plastic trunk floor cover with three fasteners. I saw a post on an old forum from 2005 where someone else had to find the relay in an alternate location - but the post did not list where they finally found the relay.

The dealer checked under the hood near the fusebox and the electrical boxes, and under the rear seat, but we have not been able to find it.

Ja, das ist die richtige Relais - und das Bild zeigt, wo es in der Regel.
    An meinem Auto ist es auf jeden Fall nicht unter dem breiten Kunststoff-Rüssel Bodenabdeckung mit drei Verbindungselementen. Ich sah einen Beitrag auf einem alten Forum von 2005, wo jemand anderes hatte, um das Relais in einem alternativen Standort zu finden - aber die Post nicht auflisten, wo sie endlich gefunden das Relais.

Der Händler unter der Haube in der Nähe des Sicherungskasten und die elektrischen Felder überprüft und unter dem Rücksitz, aber wir haben nicht in der Lage, es zu finden.

• Hi there!

I have only one question:

Are the seats retrofitted or build in from factory? You can check this on the datacard (last side of service book) or via ident-number of the vehicle. You have to look vor SA-Code (optional equipment code)

221 Vordersitze links elektrisch Verstellbar (left seat)
    222 Vordersitze rechts elektrisch Verstellbar (right seat)

I've never seen e-seats in w202 which was build in from factory without relay in this box in the trunk. I think the e-seats are retrofitted an the relay is anywhere in the near of the back fusebox.
    Check the cable harness an its running from fusebox rear to the seats. You have to dismantle the right covering of the trunk.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Elmar

P.S.: Your W202 is a W202 and not a S202 (station wagon)?

• I believe that dismantling the right side of the trunk lining will be the next step. I will take photos and attempt to trace the pink/white wire where it emerges from the fusebox. What is the procedure to remove the trunk lining side panels?

My car is a W202 sedan, not wagon, and electric seats were factory installed.

I am also curious (although I know many on this forum speak English), does Google translate work well? It is exciting to get information direct from Germany.

Ich glaube, dass der Demontage der rechten Seite des Rumpfes wird der nächste Schritt sein. Ich werde Fotos machen und versuchen, die pink / weiße Kabel, wo es aus der Sicherungskasten verfolgen. Wie ist das Verfahren, um die Stamm Seitenteile zu entfernen?

Mein Auto ist ein W202 Limousine, nicht Kombi, elektrische Sitze und wurden werkseitig installiert.

Ich bin auch neugierig, (obwohl ich weiß, dass viele in diesem Forum sprechen Englisch), hat Google übersetzen arbeiten gut? Es ist spannend, Informationen direkt aus Deutschland zu bekommen.

Danke,

John
    Indiana, USA

• I'm bumping this thread in hopes someone can advise me as to an alternate position for the comfort/convenience relay that controls the electric seats.

I have not yet torn deeper into the car than the battery area and the plastic panel with the three screws where the relay is usually located. I am hoping someone will have had experience with this so I don't have to take apart the car without a clear plan.

• HI,

did you search as well in the trunk ( next to the battery ) if the relay or the fuses are OK?

Alternatively as the option powerseats is rather unsusal, habe a look under the footrest in the right front passanger seat. There should be atb least the automatic control unit. It may be a chance that the relay for the seats was installed there.

regards,

franzose