Light in mirror when car is unlocked

• Dear W202-Freunde :thumbup:
    I have a friend that has a Audi A6 Quatro and when he unlock his car there is a light in his side mirrors that iluminates the ground just outside the doors , does anyone know if it is possible to buy this fore the 202 maybe combined with turn signals.

Greetings
    Margon Andreasen :smoke:

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson :smoke:

• Hey there,

I am not aware of any kind of OEM or aftermarket side mirrors with ground illumination for the W202. Even the W210 mirror caps with integrated turn signals which can be fitted to the W202 quite easily do not have ground illumination. I think that was/is available in the W211.

However you could build one or more superbright LEDs in to the bottom side of your mirror housing and connect it to the interior light that is also being activated when you unlock the car (as long as you don't mind that the ground illumination also turns on the moment you switch on the interior light manually). Alternative: Most aftermarket car alarms feature coming-home/leaving-home functionality. You could connect the ground illumination to it. That's what I did on my car. I used a 1 Watt Luxeon. There is also a stand-alone coming-home/leaving-home module which you could use for that purpose.

Best regards

Durch Heftigkeit ersetzt der Irrende, was ihm an Wahrheit und an Kräften fehlt.

• Hi RAL 1015
    Thanks for answer, do you know if the W210 mirror caps with integrated turn signals need a adapter plate to be mounted on the W202, where did you buy the 1 Watt Luxeon LEDs.

To forum master. I am sorry for asking about things that maybe already have been discused in the forum, but I do not always know what the proper name is for things in German.

Best regards
    Margon Andreasen

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson :smoke:

• Hi zr550z,

it's easy to mount the the w210 mirrors. You don't have to make any modifications to install them.
    But if you want to use the indikators, you have to wire it.
    I think somewhere in the endless deeps of the forum is a explaination how to do it...

regards
    JollyRoger

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi!
    The W210 mirrors don't need and adapter plates. But the plugs differ from those of your W202 mirrors. So you have to replace the plug of your W202 calbe harness with a plug of the W210 cable harness.
    In addiction, you need the signals of your turn lights, like JollyRoger said. These calbes also have to be inserted into the W210 plugs.

I don't know where RAL bought his LED, but I buy all my LEDs at eBay. ;)

Regards,
    Daniel

• Ist es nicht mehr üblich das man sich durchliest was bereits geschrieben wurde?

Das wurde doch jetzt schon zweimal erläutert!

MfG

• Ja schon, aber auch diese Frage beantwortete RAL 1015 bereits in der ersten Antwort.
    Viele Grüße
    Stefan