Hilfe Car wount start

• Hi W202-freunde
    I am in the proces of installing blinkermirrors and autom. abblendbare innenspiegel. :thumbup:
    And I have taken the interior light control/switchpanel out yesterday, and today when I would start the car to do some shopping, it wouldnt start.
    It will not start :( even when I have installed the panel again, are there something that uses the the electricity when the panel is not installed ?
    I have connected a battery charger to see if the problem is caused by to low voltage.
    Does anyone have any good ide of what might cause the problem.

Mfg
    Margon :smoke:

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson :smoke:

• Hi Margon,

you're saying something about low voltage. Was that just guessing or is the voltage really down?

In case the battery is not at fault: The courtesy light unit contains the receiver for the central locking system. Trying to start the car without the unit installed might cause the immobilizer system to "think" that this is an unauthorized start. Try connecting the unit and then lock/unlock the car a few times. Then see if it starts.

Regards

Vincent

Durch Heftigkeit ersetzt der Irrende, was ihm an Wahrheit und an Kräften fehlt.

• Hi Margon!

Can you please be a bit more precise? What does "car does not start" mean in particular:
    Is the starter reving and the engine fails ignition?
    Or is the starter not activated at all?
    Or is the starter activated but the battery seems to lack capacity so that you hear only a "click" and some very slow revs?

Please give us as much information as you can.

In case of a reving starter try to switch on ignition (turn key to pos. 2) but do not start. Keep this situation for a few minutes, turn ign. off and try to start afterwards.

In case of an uninstalled DBE (front interior light unit) the CAN may be corrupt and CAN wake up can be missing.

Regards,
    Eumel

• Hi
    Thanks for answers
    Yes of course, car wount start is a wide decription, I should have been more percise.
    After I reconnected the DBE and tried to start, seweral times (starter is ok) I noticed a few times when it was almost starting, and at last it started, I think that with the DBE disconnected that the car was flodded (fuel in cylinders) and after reconnecting DBE it had to blow itself clean and then it started.
    I will ofcourse after this, check the battery (6 years old) and I have already after getting it started messured the charging voltage and it was 13.6 volt, but I will check again with fully charged battery.

Mfg.
    Margon

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson :smoke: