Front seats, back rests interchangeble

• Hi W202-freunde
    I have just collected my new complete leather interior in Hamburg (the seller drowe from Marienheide and I drowe from my place in DK).
    The leather is in fine condition, but the driver seats back rest is worn a little bit on the lower left side and I wondered if it is possible to switch the back rests of the driver side with the one from the passenger side.
    I know that the adjustement of the back rests will change side, but don´t think that will be any problem.

Mfg.
    Margon :smoke:

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson :smoke:

• ...like Sven said already it is possible because the seats are identical except (like you said) the seat adjustment-levers.
    The thing is though: you will have to take out the seats completely; changing the seatcovers is not complicated but very exhausting.
    If your german-skills are good enough you could take a look at this Thread in which the changing of the seatcovers is described ( 7th. Post ).
    Although it is about leathercovers it might be useful.

Good luck and best regards ...

• Hi Sven and 202justus
    Thanks for answer, I will try and get back with result.

Mfg.
    Margon

• Hi
    The back rests are interchangeble, I took the complete backrests and swopped them.
    Because the driver side seat (the one you sit on) was a little bit sunken in the stuffing I changed that also with the passenger side, but because of AKSE in passenger seat I had to dismantle it and move the AKSE to the other seat.
    On the driver seat I added a little bit of stuffing in the sides (at the back of the seat where your bum is) to enhance the "seitenführung".
    Conclusion : Everything is interchangeble apart from undercarriage and height adjustment.

Mfg.
    Margon

• ... I am glad you could finish this project.
    But there is one thing I did not quite understand:

Zitat

I had to dismantle it and move the AKSE to the other seat.

On which seat does the AKSE really make sense except for the front-passenger seat?
    What did I get wrong? :S

Greetings from Hannover

• Hi 202justus
    The passenger seat was in better condition (the part of the seat you sit on not the back rest) than the driver seat, so I swopped them, but because I wanted the AKSE on the passenger seat (where it is supposed to be) I had to move it from the passenger seat (now the driver seat) to the driver seat ( now the passenger seat).
    Hope this clarifyes the issue, otherwise just ask again.

Mfg.
    Margon

• xD xD xD

Zitat

but because I wanted the AKSE on the passenger seat (where it is supposed to be) I had to move it from the passenger seat (now the driver seat) to the driver seat ( now the passenger seat).

O.k. now I got it! It was a bit confusing though. :D

Greetz

• Hi 202justus
    Fine.
    It is allways easier to understand the things you have been writing your self, because you know what you have done.

Mfg.
    Margon

• Hi
    There is a twist to the story, I had not noticed that there was a difference in the AKSE , the one on the new seats is with 2 wires and the old one is with 3 wires, so I had to dismantle the seat again and swop the AKSE so it would fit my cars 3 wires.
    I don´t know exatly when the type of the AKSE is changed, but think it is about feb. 1998

Old AKSE part number A 2028211651 with 3 wires

New AKSE part number A 2028209610 with 2 wires

I have recently found out of that actualy it is the AKSE with 3 wires that is the new one, and the AKSE with 2 wires that is the old one.

Mfg.
    Margon :smoke:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von zr550f ()