Undichtigkeit benzin

• Hi W202-freunde
    The last days I have noticed a smell of petrol outside of the car, but I thought that it mayby had something to do with big differences in temperature, but yesterday while doing some anti rust work I noticed this spot of fuel near to the (what I presume is the fuel pump and filter) tank.
    Does anyone know of any place that this leak is proberbly comming from, there is not comming any fuel out while the car is not running (no dripping standing still)

Mfg.
    Margon :smoke:

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson :smoke:

• Hi Margon

unscrew the plasticcover,so you can see where the system is leaking. (3 screws )

Could bee also the Tankgeberdichtung / Rücklaufleitung,etc....

Greetz Kai

PS.: did you change the gasfilter allraedy ? If not,now would be the right moment to do that.

• Hi Kai
    I got my god friend (him with all the M3 and M5´s and 14 Ford Cortina´s) to help me fixing the problem, the first leak (it later turned out to be the first) was on the supply line from the fuel filter at the first clamp (the first clamp you can see from the underside of the car an remove, the next maby 2 or 3 clamps is not accessible without removing the complete hinterachsmittelstüch and the tank), the iron tube was corroded all the way throu in the area where the rubber was touching the tube, so we removed the clamp and fixed the leak with a 5cm piece of rubber tube secured with ring clips, and of cource we checked that everything was not leaking, fine, job done. (we thought)
    Two days later I could smell petrol again, tried to start the engine and looked underneath the car, and now the petrol was pouring out from the next leak, so we raised the rear of the car again and cheked again what was wrong this time, this time it was presumebly at the next clamp (cant see it, it is situated over the rear subframe, the piece of tube from the first leak to the next clamp was very easy to break of and luckely it was possible to get the fuel line pulled down and we then just connected the rubber tube from the fuel filter to the now 20cm shorter fuel line, but now I am just waiting (not hoping) for the fuel line to break at the next clamp, if that happens we have to take almost the half of the car apart to fix it, if we do not just run a new fuel line in copper from the engine to the fuel filter, and hope that nothing happens to the return line because it is as far as I can see not possible to change without removing the tank.
    I later found out that ( on the detali.ru) that there is only 2 of the single line clamps just before the fuel filter, but I do not know how many multible line clamps there are over the tank that is not visible from the underside because they are hidden by the tank.
    Maby it was a good ide to collect and show in a special article, all the points where one should be aware of possible danger. there is also danger of corosion to the break lines in engine compartment just under the container for the sprinkler water ?.
    Mfg.

• Hi Margon

Thank you for the detail pics of the hoses/pipes.
    I've just seen,that you car has allready 400 000km done. :thumbup:

Stefan Meißner s c180 Vormopf had a repair above the gastank . (brake pipes of rear diskbrakes). For this repair you unscew the rearaxle.(4 screws ) and let it down a few cm.
    Then the gastank has to come down also to reach the pipes above the gastank.

On my car (146000km ) i only changed the Filter.All clamps and hoses i found in decent condition.

I will check the washwater container .But i think the motor compartment is warm enough to dry of the moist right there.

please let us know about further repairs above the tank. :)

Greetings Kai

• Hi Kai
    Thanks for answer.
    The brake pipe clamp I ment is situated somewhere in the region of the washwater tank and you have to remove it (or push it either backwards or forwards)to check the brake line.
    What do you think of the ide of a section in tips and tricks about "Potential dangerrous spots".

Mfg.

• Hi Margon

"

Zitat

What do you think of the ide of a section in tips and tricks about "Potential dangerrous spots".

"
    Very good idea!!! :thumbup: Please start it up soon.

Greetz Kai

PS.: Did'nt get to look after the hoses below the watertank.Too busy theese days. ;(