Checking automatic camshaft advancer on M111.921 Update 16 new lifters still knocking noise

• Hi
    I dont think it is a rod bearing, the noise has changed a little bit after new hydrostossels, but now I have no ide about where in the head it comes from.
    Kind regards
    Margon :cursing:

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson :smoke:

• Hi
    They came preoiled, and as before it only sounds as there is one, maby I will do a frequency analysis to figure out if it is equal to engine rpm or half of that, it sounds to me it is half engine rpm.
    Kind regards

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von zr550f ()

• Hi
    New ide about what is wrong, I think that one of the small canals for supplying the hydrostossels with oil pressure is maby blocked.
    Kind regards

• Was it ever quiet or did it knock forever ?

I once have seen at an GM-engine that the 2 clamp wedges / chocks that connect the valve with the spring loaded plate were to big; there was no gap between both. That caused a sound like a defekt hydrostössel.

When I changed the head gasket, I had to remove centimeters of dirt inside the valve cover but the hydostössel have not made any noise.

br
    mb

• Hi
    It started about a year ago when I got an oil change and they put 5w30 long life oil in it ( or maby because of Murphys Law).
    before hydrostossel change it was sometimes quiet, and now (after only 20km with new hydros) it is some times louder than other times.
    Kind regards