Clarification on W202 rims!?!

• Hello everyone,

Okay so I recently bought a 1997 C230. Love the car, low kms, everything works, nearly mint. The car came with the 17 "factory spoke mags and some decent summer tires.

But then it snowed! So I grabbed the mint factory manual (yes really) and called it 195 65r15's. Toyo winters on 5x112 rims! Score.

Until I realized that 5x112 has two differing stroke diameters, mine is the 66.6 mm variety. And of course my rims were not compatible.

I'm now sure I need the 5x112 with a hub of 66.6 right? I manage to find a really good deal on a set of four decent all seasons on them. Score!

Until I put the fucking things on and put the car in reverse. It did not move. Now the rims are sitting on the fucking brake calipers. Yes ... really.

What do I do now? I understand that spacers are a potential option. Is this the case? Should I just admit defeat and buy some winters for my 17 "s? Toyo tires are $ 1600 tires and I have a heart set on using them.https://scrabblewordfinder.vip/ https://www.applock.ooo/ https://www.7zip.vip/

PLEASE attempt to provide some clarification on what I want to do next. Please ... I'm out of my element here. And please, if you can help, be specific with numbers and sizes etc ...

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi David!

And please, if you can help, be specific with numbers and sizes etc ...

To get some help, you should start with some specific numbers and sizes of the rims you bought. Are the rims made of aluminium or steel? Did you use the same screws you used for your 17''-rims?

• player1

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Please for the love of god some clarification on W202 rims!?!“ zu „Clarification on W202 rims!?!“ geändert.
  • Hi David!

Welcome! Where are you from?

Concerning your rim problem, did you by factory rims?

The 5x112 is the just the distance of the holes for the bolts.

Your car needs, steel rims or aluminum, 6,5 x 15 ET37.

That would be the smallest seize, for the 17" aluminum ones,

it would be 7,5 x 17 ET 35 for the front end, 8,5 x 17 for the rear.

Just get original rims, everything will fit.

The rims are labeled on the inside!

Good luck! :thumbup:

Greetings

Volker

Cars do something to us.

They make you feel a certain way.

And I don’t care if this thing is slow.

I love it, I love it because it makes me smile,

and it makes me laugh! 8o

( Mike Musto )

• Hi there! Maybe the official document helps a little bit, the 5x112 and the 66,6 hubs are correct. If the rims are really stuck on the calipers, there are two different faults:

1. You installed 14" in diameter. Unless it is an AMG or has the AMG brakes you will need at least 15" rims.

OR

2. The offset of the rims is too small (in German: Einpresstiefe= ET). Please refer to the attached document to get the correct ET for each rim size. Spacers could help in this case.

Both could be possible, too.

Last but not least: the bolts are important, if you switch from aluminium to steel rims. Bolts for steel rims are usually shorter. If you use the longer bolts, these will jam the parking break on the rear axle.

I translated the document a little bit. partnumbers are included, this could help.

best!

Johannes

Dateien

Grüßle!

Johannes

Fuhrpark:

Opas Ehemaliger (jetzt Sommerfahrzeug): 94er C180: Imperialrot, Stoff schwarz, Elegance, 1. Hand, 65.946km.

2003er A209 CLK320 Brillantsilber, Leder Anthrazit, Avantgarde, 192.000km.

2005er S211 E500T Brillantsilber, Leder Anthrazit, Elegance, 217.000km.

Omas 280SE: 78er 280SE: Cayenneorange, Stoff Bambus, 2. Hand seit 1980, 188.000km.

Ehemalige:

2002er S210 E430T 4matic: Brillantsilber, Leder Anthrazit, Avantgarde, 376.000km.